CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The very bad, terrible day...and why I love my Mom

So I had a bad day yesterday.

No, that's actually an understatement. I had an AWFUL day yesterday.

It all started in the wee morning hours with the painful realization that I am NOT going to Colorado in the Fall with my friends. No miracle is going to happen, no money fairy is going to pitch on my shoulder and hand me a thousand dollars, there will be no trip for me. And the only reason was because I was too scared to book my ticket on points when I had the chance. I am not going to CO because I am a stupid scared child...and I was so depressed about it...

So at noon Jacob wants to go swimming. Awesome. We pack up and head to the park with Tammy and Ben and Aunt Cor. All is well until it is time to leave and Jacob wants to get a shower...but the showers are not on and so I have to turn them on for him. Well this was NOT FINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And hysterics ensued. Complete with a number of "You are ruining my life!! I hate you!! You are the worst Mommy ever!!!" Overreaction much?? Oh you have no idea. So off he runs. Oh yes, he decided that he was going to run away....because the SHOWER WAS NOT ON *insert picture of me banging my head against the wall here*

And you know...I let him run. Aunt Cor was horrified but I let him go on over that hill and just disappear from my sight and in that moment I simply did not care anymore. I knew where he was, I knew he wouldn't go too far...so after a fine time I went searching for him. Found him sitting under a tree wailing about how he had a horrible life and why do these things always happen to him?? Aunt Cor called Mom to pick us up and I dragged that child out body and bones and threw him in the car and we went home. More screaming, more hysterics, more overreaction...

And then the car had to go in for servicing. No problem. Bring her in and leave her there.
At 3:00 p.m. the mechanic called to tell me that my car needed new brakes. FOUR new brakes - at a cost of ohhh a mere $600.00. *insert picture of me fainting dead away here* So I clenched my teeth and told him to do the front ones and leave the back ones for now.

At 4:00 I started to cry. No, I started to sob and I just couldn't stop. I sat here at this computer and I just cried and cried and cried. Jennifer found me and I just started to babble on and on about Jacob and the car and the trip and money and just on and on and on...poor girl...between her and James they didn't quite know what to do for me.

So Jennifer hugged me, Jacob apologized and James bought me wine. And I calmed down.

Which brings me to today - this evening when my mom came down and sent me and James to the store and she took Jacob so we could go alone. And when we got back Jacob was happy, the dishes were done, the floors were scrubbed, the laundry was on, the carpets were vacuumed and the sheets were changed on the children's beds. I just stared at Mom and she just shrugged and said "Well you had such a bad day yesterday..."

I love my Mom. My Mom makes everything better.

5 comments:

Mary E. Hart said...

Your mom sounds like she rocks. And she's just what you needed after that absolutely horrible, no good day where everything that could go wrong did.

Sara said...

oh, sweetie. your mom does rock. and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Bethany said...

Mom's are the best, aren't they?

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

Your mom is super (and you are, too - you learned from the best!). I'm glad she jumped in to help out, and I'm sorry you had such a tough day. We can mope about not going to CO together - online chat and wine, anyone? {{{HUGS}}}

Lis @ ATruckerWife said...

I completely agree with sara :) Your mom sounds like a wonderful woman!