CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Come Away With Me

Come Away with me in the night....
Come away with me

*sigh* Nora Jones....the womans voice could melt butter...

And a very appropriate song too....last year I was asked to go away with a group of my closest friends...to St. Louis, where they were all meeting for the first time. And I couldn't go. Money being what it is, and living on this island which should NOT be so isolated but actually is REALLY expensive to fly out of...damnit all there was just no way I could go. So the trip was last weekend and I have been looking at pictures and videos of the trip for the past few days and I am crying every single time. I missed my friends. I should have been there and I am literally mourning the loss.

So my husband has determined that in order to keep me from going completely off the deep end that we will start saving NOW for the next get-together! Woo!! I'm in baby!

You know, I think that this weekend and not being there really made me realize something. I realize that I have real, true, actual friends. The ladies that I have been chatting to and sharing with and laughing and crying with over the past five years are much much more than anonymous words on a computer screen. They are real women who LIKE me and whom I love in return. What an amazing thing!! I always say that I don't have any real life girlfriends - someone hurt me badly many years ago and I am simply unable to form that sort of bond with another woman....and then I realize that I HAVE bonded with other women...I HAVE girlfriends IN REAL LIFE - in my life, right now. The KIT girls are my friends and I am so so very proud to be a part of this wonderful group of women.

And yes...I WILL meet them next year...mark my words :)

5 comments:

Christy said...

We all missed you horribly and your name came up a lot. It's just as well though because you would have had a heart attack at me smoking in the bar. ;)

When I do finally see you face to face, I'm going to give you the biggest hug in the history of the world. And then, I'll give you another.

cheribear said...

Melissa, a few weeks ago I went to the spa with my sister and some of her friends, and I was feeling bad because I had such a wonderful time with those girls and wished I had something like that in my life.

Well, fast forward later, and its absolutely clear to me that I (WE) do have that. In spades. Its just amazing. And you know, its not likely that IRL friends would have 15+ different conversations with me a day - you guys always do.

I am so blessed. There is barely an hour of the day where I can't find one of you to lean on or laugh with. We've got it made. We WILL see you next time, I know!

Bethany said...

We all missed you last weekend, Melissa. I can't wait for next time. I'm so glad you'll be there. :)

Susan said...

I am so happy you'll make the next trip. I am starting my savings up, too! I can't wait to see you!

Laura said...

You know that chatting with you in the morning is one of the highlights of my day (some of the others being chatting with Cheri, chatting with Christy - oh heck, chatting with anyone who's online at the same time). :) You will be there next year and it's going to be the most fun we've ever had - EVER!!