CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

End of the first day

Well my first day as an official blogger has been fairly normal - filled with work and children and refereeing fights between the boys, cooking supper and finally getting on the computer once all hands are in bed. See? My life is SO boring...every day is pretty much the same LOL

Jacob was in fine form today. This morning he was so quiet, I was so happy to have a nice few moments to myself but I KNEW...I KNEW that he was up to something. So I was just raising myself off of the couch when he sauntered in calm as could be - his face COATED with various shades of lipstick, eyeliner, mascara (do you know how hard it is to scrub waterproof mascara out of a five year olds eyebrows?? - it's HARD let me tell you). I didn't want to make a big deal out of it so I said quite calmly "Oh, so you found some makeup did you?" "Yes", he says "I look like Hawk now!" Oh-KAY..so he wants to look like a wrestler...niiiiice.

So I soak my makeup ridden child in the bath and then I go work and get called home - see previous post. Everything is all back to normal when I get there...except of course for William sporting a nice big cut under his eye from a CD flung angrily out of Jacob's hands. Lovely. I go upstairs and notice that Jacob's bedroom is in a state so I start to pick it up...and notice that the Game Cube games are MISSING. Just missing...well this is a mystery....so I call out to Jacob and ask him where they could possibly be. Oh, he says, I forgot about that. And over he goes to the dresser and opens up a big crock of Vaseline (WHY WHY WHY was that even IN there??) and says "Here they are! I put them in here!"

YEs, he shoved TEN gamecube games fully into a full crock of vaseline. They are literally GLUED together in this sticky, icky mess. We spent a full half hour just cleaning the darn things up.

Note to self: Next time, get the games out of the room...and while you are at it, take the vaseline too.

7 comments:

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

Yay, Melissa has a blog! Where's that borg smilie when I need it? LOL

Happy new blog!

Chris Wasielewski said...

OMG Melissa. Ok, first off...... YAY on the blog!! Secondly, GAMES..... in VASELINE????

OMG girl. I cannot even imagine! Boys are sure different aren't they! LOL

Chris

cheribear said...

Ok, today, finally, after 5 years, I understand that raising a spirited boy is a completely different experience than raising my girls. Completely. WHERE do they come up with these things? Do they ever stop? Can you ever stop watching them?

holy shit. Can I say shit in your blog? Because, I just did.

(although, you do know that Madeleine redid my bathroom in nail polish - TWICE! - but still)

Laura said...

I'm with Cheri. Games in Vaseline?????? WTH? I don't think I could handle that half as patiently as you do. Are they back to school today I hope??

Melissa said...

Yay! Visitors!

Cheri - no..you can NEVER leave them alone. EVER. LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh, I could tell you a story or two about my son and his sister and some Vaseline. Obviously it only takes one boy to create trouble. LOL

Happy Blogging!

Susan said...

Bless your heart, my dear. Just bless your heart.