CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 7, 2007

When it rains it pours

Damn the rain...and the snow. And then the rain that melts the snow!!!!

My house is leaking. Quite badly in fact. **SIGH** I woke last night to the sound of RUNNING water...oh yes, it was running from Jacob's room ceiling and making a huge puddle on the floor. Then I looked and it was beating in through the top of his window as well. I was SO upset...James came home and after a good long talk and a few tears from me we decided that the best thing to do would be to cash in the RRSP's and get the roof completely re-done.

I was so proud of that little pot of savings we had too you know?? It was a little bit of hope in an otherwise bleak outlook on the future. Oh well, what can you do...I guess we are lucky that we HAVE the money put away and we can use it if we have to and you know, the kids are all healthy and happy and warm and fed and dry. Thats all that really matters right?

I do say though...I must have been some bad AWFUL person in my other life...cause I am most definitely being punished for it bit by bit in this life.

What a cheerful entry this turned out to be. Oh well. Gotta take the good with the bad :)

2 comments:

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

{{{{HUGS}}}} I'm sorry about the roof. I hope it's a lot less expensive to fix than you're fearing it will be.

Wendy Sommers said...

Hey! Can you email me your home address? I cant' find it for some reason!! MERCI ! :)