CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 16, 2007

The Times They Are A Changin'

Ever wake up one morning and notice that things around you are just....changing? children are growing....people are getting married and having babies, others have new jobs, new paint in the house, all of those little life things that are so every day and normal but yet...very very noticable when they happen all around the same time?

For me...this weekend I noticed alot of changes around me:

1. William is taller than I am now...no big deal as I am fairly short but he is only 12...and I am well....not.

2. When James lifts Jacob into his arms, Jacob's legs fall below James's knees.

3. Jacob can't really fit on my lap anymore, he can curl up in a ball but he is really getting too big.

4. Jennifer is finished her first year of university and now she is job hunting.

5. Speaking of Jenn, her friend Sarah's parents are going away for 10 days and leaving Jenn and Sarah to house-sit. So do these girls plan a big blow out super party?? No....they are planning a sit down dinner party and are discussing which wine will go with which meal...

6. Matthew is getting married....again. Enough said.

7. Sheryl is showing. Like wearing maternity clothes showing...

8. Corey and Amanda are getting married next June and are planning on trying for a baby right way. My baby brother as a Dad...too crazy to consider.

9. I need to paint every room in my house...when we moved it needed nothing...now all of a sudden...it does.

10. Mom is applying for her Canada Pension. They are thinking about quitting most of their buildings they clean up and actually retiring.

So many changes...so many people growing up around me...so many times I look in the mirror and see my Mom's face over mine. Change is good. It is healthy and it is a part of life...but sometimes...it seems like everything changes at once...and it takes a moment to get your feet back underneath you.

3 comments:

Christy said...

I think maybe things have just finally slowed down enough for you to look around you!

Jen said...

Hi Melissa!

I saw your blog link in your CL sig and thought I'd say hi.

=) It's good to stop and look around once in a while and see how much everything has changed, even if it makes you a little sad.

Bethany said...

Your words are so true. Over the past few years I've begun to see my mom's face looking back at me in the mirror.